The Restaurant Owner has to perform a bit of everything at their restaurant. The day-to-day activities typically listed on the Restaurant Owner Resume include some or all of these – taking responsibility for the overall daily operations, providing direction and training to staff, supervising employees, developing business strategies, monitoring all aspects from customer reactions to sales data; taking charge of brand development, deciding the daily menu, enhancing productivity, managing finances, overseeing inventory levels and overseeing food ingredients and purchase of kitchen equipment.
Entrepreneurs in this field are expected to possess these skills – creative and unique culinary skills, experience in food service, leadership skills, innovative thinking with a knack for operations, and knowledge of POS software, employee management software and financial management software. Although formal education is not compulsory, most of the Restaurant Owners have a degree in hospitality or business or a related field.
- Resume Samples
- Restaurant Owner
Restaurant Owner Resume
Headline : Dedicated Logistics Professional with over 10 years of combined experience in Logistical, Personnel and Operations Management. Consistently communicate throughout all levels, superiors, co-workers, and subordinates disseminating all appropriate information in a timely manner.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Mower Operator, Building Maintenance, Public Interpretive Talks.
- Managed and trained a staff of workers including kitchen, wait and host staff.
- Supervised the maintenance and cleaning of the dining room and restrooms.
- Helped to make the restaurant one of the most popular restaurants in town for both customers and employees.
- Worked in a family law office in Long Beach, makecustomers comfortable during their various "legal" situations.
- Employed for 10 years as a pre-school teacher working with children.
- Made very popular with both the kids and the parents.
- Responsible for scheduling, ordering, bookkeeping, accounts payable, receivable, inventory, as well as working the business where ever needed.
Restaurant Owner l Resume
Headline : Leverage analytical and sales experience to secure a long term stable sales position very pleasing English accent which proves to be a wonderful marketing tool. This coupled with a very quick analytical mind and considerable conversational skills.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Customer Service, Business Management.
- Responsible for running the entire business Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes.
- Investigated and resolved complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
- Scheduled and received food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity.
- Monitored budgets and payroll records, and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
- Maintained food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records.
- Established standards for personnel performance and customer service.
- Specialized in authentic Southern barbeque with pulled pork and pulled chicken hand smoked on the premises.
Restaurant Owner/Supervisor Resume
Headline : Responsible business owner proficient in customer service and management skills. Passionate and motivated, with a drive for excellence.
Skills : Administration, Human Resources, Inventory Management, Photoshop.
Download Resume PDFBuild Free Resume
- Managed business operations and staff, including hiring and termination process.
- Created and implemented training manuals; shaped company policy, culture and mission.
- Maintained excellent customer service with guest satisfaction resulting in established repeat business.
- Provided quality assurance and cost-effectiveness and maintained consistent steady growth.
- Created a safe and comfortable public atmosphere for guests and employees with low employee turn over-prepared, implemented and growth and expansion.
- Managed in collaboration with payables, Federal, State, and local tax liabilities, insurances and claims and legal responsibilities.
- Ensured legal compliance with food safety and storage regulations.
Asst. Restaurant Owner Resume
Headline : Restaurant Owner is the owner of the company and primary decision maker for the day-to-day operations. This includes managing inventory and ordering, managing customer service, maintaining cleanliness of the restaurant.
Skills : Microsoft word, Sales, Typing.
- Reviewed work procedures and operational problems to determine ways to improve service, performance and safety.
- Monitored food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food id prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
- Established standards for personnel performance and customer service.
- Investigated and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
- Monitored compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving and building maintenance in lodging and dining facilities.
- Hired, trained, directed, scheduled and dismissed employees.
- Scheduled and received food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify products quality and quantity.
Restaurant Owner/Specialist Resume
Headline : A position requiring a results-oriented professional with strong organizational and communication skills.Dedicated and focused professional that has of experience working with equipment maintenance and team supervision that has management and manufacturing experience.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Customer Service, Computer Skills, Government Relations, Operations.
- Provided professional service for customers, including drink, food, accommodation, and entertainment.
- Supervised and monitor the proper accommodation of guests and employees.
- Checked the logbooks at the security desk, make sure that all locations are clean and sanitized.
- Prepared food, maintained order and cleanliness according to health department standards, waiting on customers.
- Maintained a weekly budget made regular bank deposits, organize tax documents for an accountant and prepared payroll checks.
- Managed inventory, rotated stock, procured new stock, handled payroll and expenses, trained new staff members, ensured the quality of product met high standards.
- Trained of standard recipes.
Restaurant Owner/Representative Resume
Summary : Manicurist License care and beauty industry. Eager to acquire new skills and to grow in the fields of beauty and fashion industry. Hard-working and good team member. Excellent customer service and relationships.
Skills : Esthetician, Photography.
- Scheduled and directed staff in work assignments to maximize productivity.
- Continually monitored restaurant and took appropriate action to ensure food quality and service standards were consistently met.
- Assigned tasks and oversaw the direction of employees to ensure compliance with food safety procedures and quality control guidelines.
- Developed and maintained exceptional customer service standards.
- Optimized profits by controlling food, beverage and labor costs on a basis.
- Performed restaurant inspection to gauge timeliness and excellent service quality.
- Developed and maintained a staff that provided hospitable, professional service while adhering to policies and business initiatives.
Restaurant Owner/Coordinator Resume
Headline : Personnel and Operations Management. Consistently communicate throughout all levels; superiors, co-workers, and subordinates disseminating all appropriate information in a timely manner. Work extremely well in densely diverse groups of individuals Excel, Outlook, Publisher and PowerPoint.
Skills : Training, Administrative Duties, Sales, Receptionist, Cash Handling, Cashier, Supervising, Data Entry, Payment Processing
- Maintained relationships with customers and staff and monitor and oversee purchases, menus, staff, and payroll.
- Made decisions and solve problems concerning menus and staff.
- Performed administrative activities such as scheduling and budgeting.
- Ensured health and safety practices are followed.
- Judged the quality of food, preparation, and job applicants.
- Managed, supervised, and trained seven employees in restaurant procedures, safety, and public relations Performed operational management requirements in bookkeeping, data entry, inventory, accounts payable/receivable, payroll.
- Issued annually to meet federal and state tax requirements - avoiding discrepancies and audits.
Restaurant Owner/Analyst Resume
Summary : To obtain a position where effectively utilize expertise in customer service, within a growth-oriented, progressive company.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Office, Project development, quality assurance, and management skills
- Responsible for the overall management and business operations for restaurants and bars.
- Maintained high customer service standards while working with vendors, staff, and customers.
- Professional and courteous at all times with guests for a memorable experience.
- Responsible for all administrative duties, from inventory control, and forecast of revenue, expenses, and bookkeeping.
- Performed daily inventory control of all liquor, food, and supplies.
- Shopped for food, wine, and all necessary items to prepare the meals.
- Gave training classes to the cooking staff on how to prepare selected entrees.
Restaurant Owner III Resume
Summary : Looking to utilize professionalism, experience, and current education be an asset to a thriving company. A leader with the ability to get jobs done.
Skills : Marketing, Public Relations, Management, Closing Sales, Administration, Event Planning, Cooking.
- Preformed all management duties of operating a full-service restaurant.
- Created and implemented a business development and marketing plan.
- Cultivated and achieved several free advertisement sources including several appearances on a live local television program.
- Ensured strong revenue by launching a catering service and by hosting private parties, meetings, and events.
- Served but took on all responsibilities from cooking to cleaning as well Took care of everything such as marketing, sales, and compliance.
- Assumed all ownership responsibilities and owner of a fish and steakhouse.
- Developed in-store marketing strategies, hiring and training employees and managing financial accounts.
BS In Business
Restaurant owner Resume
Objective : Experienced in monitoring staff hours to reduce wasteful shifts and unneeded payroll expenses. Constantly working to improve the quality of the staff with tips and suggestions to help them improve their customer service as well.
Skills : Restaurant Management, Office: Word, Powerpoint, Sales, Typing, Windows.
- Completely remodeled and then opened a restaurant that had been closed.
- Ensured legal compliance with food safety and storage regulations, developing in-store marketing.
- Hired multilingual staff and designed a full battery of service curriculum to ensure a higher quality client experience.
- Coordinated analysis and planning of restaurant profitability and sales levels.
- Facilitated management and direction of all aspects of restaurant operations.
- Coordinated monitoring of stock levels and ordering supplies as required.
- Assisted in the planning and management of menus for restaurant operations.
Table of Contents
What should a restaurant owner put on their resume? ›
Essential duties highlighted on a Restaurant Owner example resume are coordinating staff, observing the preparation and serving of food, maintaining inventories, adhering to food safety regulations, allocating resources, administering payroll, and ensuring customer satisfaction.What is the job description of a restaurant owner? ›
Restaurant owners oversee the day-to-day operations of a restaurant, managing staff, resolve customer issues and work to make the establishment profitable. Although no degree is required, restaurant owners typically have a wealth of experience in the business.How do I write a resume as a self employed business owner? ›
- Start with contact information.
- Include an objective or a summary.
- Discuss your work experience.
- Summarize your self-employment history.
- Highlight your key accomplishments and responsibilities.
- Mention your academic achievements.
- State the certifications you hold.
- People Skills.
- It almost goes without saying, but let's just get it out there: if you can't deal with people, the restaurant business isn't for you. ...
- Leadership Skills.
- A restaurant always has to be operating near peak efficiency. ...
- Financial Knowledge and Skill.
A person who owns and manages a restaurant is called a restaurateur.What is the job description of a restaurant manager? ›
A Restaurant Manager, or Restaurant General Manager, is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of a restaurant. Their duties include hiring and training restaurant staff following company policies, speaking with diners to address concerns or solve problems and creating work schedules for restaurant staff.What are the duties of a general manager of a restaurant? ›
Restaurant General Managers are responsible for leading and managing restaurants. They may be responsible for different tasks such as restaurant marketing strategies, recruiting and hiring restaurant staff, training, overseeing food quality, developing menus as well as greeting and serving restaurant guests.What is the work of manager in restaurant? ›
Restaurant managers are responsible for managing and organizing daily restaurant operations with a goal of controlling costs and providing a high quality experience to customers. Areas of operation range from personnel management to cook and waiting staff coordination to inventory management.